Wednesday 1 February 2012

First McDonald's Commercial (3)

I was just looking through YouTube today to see how many interesting videos I can find relating to Hamburgers. And the result... there were not many entertaining ones. 

One thing, I came across the first McDonald's Commercial and I saw the McDonald's Museum that I found researching for my last post. Seeing old advertisements or shows always makes me feel awkward but it somehow connected to the reading.

The simple menu on the first McDonald's advertisement: hamburgers, french fries and milkshake, made me think back to the part where it talked about the menu developers such as: Chicken McNuggets (local franchisee), Big Mac and breakfast (jim Delligatti), Egg McMuffin (Herb Peterson) and Filet-O-Fish (Lou Groen) and a wide variety of choices we have today (page 75). 

"In its scale and in its soul, McDonald's truly is the Great American Success Story," (p83) and I definitely agree!

So here is the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment